Over the past few years, I’ve written several articles about my faith. Some of you have commented, but most haven’t. I’d like to think that a few of you who didn’t agree with me earlier, might now. But it’s not my job to change what you believe. I simply write the words and let God decide if he wants to use them. I thought I’d put my core beliefs in one place. I hope you’ll take a few minutes to check it out.
- There is a God who has always existed. If that’s not true, then something had to create him and it would be greater than he is.
- He is the creator of everything that exists today. He created it all in six days and rested on the seventh.
- The Bible is God’s word. It has no errors and is how God reveals himself to us. We should read it often.
- God created people, male and female, in his image. Since the Bible doesn’t tell us the true nature of God, we can assume that we are created with some of the bits that make us like him. Things like being able to know and love him, fellowship with him, and serve and worship him.
- People, namely, Adam and Eve, disobeyed God. We call that disobedience, sin. Since then, all people are born in sin, the consequences of which are physical and spiritual death. Eternal separation from him in a terrible place called Hell.
- There is an evil force in the world called Satan. He is the enemy of those who follow God and seek to be righteous.
- Jesus lived a perfect, sinless life, was crucified, and died on a cross for your sin.
- He rose from the dead and returned to heaven to be with his father, God.
- To spend eternity in heaven with him, you must;
- admit you are a sinner who deserves to be separated from God
- admit you cannot save yourself, salvation is a gift you cannot earn
- understand that Jesus came into the world to die for your sin
- confess your sins to God and turn away from them (repent)
- ask Jesus to forgive you for your sins and to be the Lord of your life.
Finally, I believe if you don’t agree with what I’ve written here, you probably will spend eternity separated from God. That would be tragic.
Well said in concise, simple words. Of course they are God’s words, from his Word. Oh, and for the record, I agree with them, therefore with you.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I wholeheartedly agree with you Jeff. Thank you for sharing this.